Junior Commissioning Engineer- Electrical
Location: Barrow-in-Furness / on-site
Starting salary: £32,000+
This is an exciting opportunity to work in such a varied environment. From the unique infrastructure to the digital capabilities; the steels to the advanced quantum devices.”
Providing future project work until the late 2050’s – “You won’t find a more intellectually stimulating environment to work in.”
What you’ll be doing:
* To carry out routine work with limited supervision & have an understanding of safety consequences in a high risk environment
* Responsible for leading Test and Commissioning activities of on board electrical systems
* Liaise/Interface with relevant stakeholders to ensure activities are undertaken in a safe & compliant manner
* Keep full and accurate records of work activities carried out as required by policy, procedure & legislation
* To represent the Company on Contractors Sea Trials and other outworking requirements
Your skills and experiences:
* Knowledge of electrical control and instrumentation of system operations, ideally hydraulic, pressurised air and gas, domestic and chilled water.
* Experience with commissioning of complex systems power plants, motors and high voltage systems
* Write and issue Rip Out documentation to process, identifying correct isolations to safely isolate ship’s systems
* Knowledge of safety controls & procedures in a high-risk environment.
* Aware of Nuclear Site/Authorisation Conditions.
* Experience working with Distribution Systems, Fire Protection Systems and Electrical Testing
* Knowledge of Instrumentation Systems including Electrostatic Discharge, Low Voltage Control, Data Communications, PLCs & Fibre Optics.
✅You will need to hold or be eligible for security clearance to be considered for this role.
If you’d like more information, please APPLY now & get in touch as soon as possible :