We are currently seeking a number of Mechanical Technicians on a permanent basis, working for our client in Barrow-In-Furness.
What you’ll be doing:
* To carry out routine work with limited supervision & have an understanding of safety consequences in a high risk environment.
*Liaise/Interface with relevant stakeholders to ensure activities are undertaken in a safe & compliant manner.
* Responsible for research, review & feedback of appropriate documentation to the required standard.
* Keep full and accurate records of work activities carried out as required by policy, procedure & legislation.
* At all times to be conversant with the Quality and SHE controls and measures.
Your skills and experiences:
* Experience working as a Mechanical Fitter or Mechanical Technician
* Experience of conducting pressure tests
* Experience of flushing to cleanliness standards
* Strong experience carrying out mechanical inspections
* Worked with hydraulic/pneumatic pipework/systems
* Competent writing and reviewing test documents
* Comfortable working to Technical Drawings
* Weapon handling and discharge or experience of inbuilt submarines
* 37 hour working week, anything over paid OT
* Opportunity to travel overseas, including USA & Canada (optional not compulsory)
* Lots of opportunity for progression/promotion
* Solid current and future work orderbook
*Candidates must be eligible for SC Clearance*