Principal Mechanical Design Engineer – Barrow-in-Furness – £60k – Hybrid
Are you ready to lead the way in cutting-edge engineering solutions? We are thrilled to represent our client, a leading global defense company, in the search for a skilled Principal Mechanical Design Engineer. Located in Barrow-in-Furness, this role offers a range of flexible hybrid working arrangements, allowing you to thrive in an innovative work environment.
What You’ll Be Pioneering:
- Innovative Design Leadership: Take the helm in crafting cutting-edge design and manufacturing solutions for weapon platforms, derivatives, and support equipment. Your expertise will drive technical analysis, investigations, and the creation of detailed designs using state-of-the-art CAD models and drawings.
- Team Empowerment: Lead a talented team of engineers, guiding them through tasks, reviewing technical documentation, and ensuring efficient workload management.
- Technical Oversight: Oversee critical technical activities, including tests, trials, and system qualification, ensuring excellence in system and design outcomes.
- Key Liaison: Act as the primary point of contact for our client’s valued customers, suppliers, and stakeholders, championing engineering matters and fostering strong relationships.
- Innovative Design Development: Develop ingenious design solutions aligned with customer requirements, validating and verifying throughout the design process.
- Collaborative Leadership: Lead and engage in both internal and external design reviews and customer meetings, shaping the future of our client’s projects.
- Education: Hold a degree in a relevant engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Design Expertise: You can lead design tasks throughout the entire product lifecycle, in both production and prototype environments, with a keen eye on safety and product integrity.
- Stakeholder Communication: Share your experience presenting design concepts, technical reports, and specifications, effectively communicating complex ideas to stakeholders.
- Testing and Qualification: Demonstrate your familiarity with testing, trials, and design/system qualifications.
- Mentorship: Experience in mentoring junior engineers and delegating technical work packages, fostering growth within the team.
- CAD experience: Exhibit your proficiency in CAD software (e.g., CREO Parametrics) and PLM software (e.g., Teamcenter), showcasing your ability to navigate cutting-edge tools.
Ready to take your engineering career to the next level with our esteemed client, a global leader in defense solutions? Join us in shaping the future of innovative design and manufacturing.
Competitive salary range: £54,422 – £60,538, depending on skills and experience, a generous relocation package is available is required alongside benefits like subsidised company share packages, attractive pension, holiday allowance and structured career development plans right from your start date.
Apply now to be part of our client’s dynamic team, where your skills will make a real impact on the world of engineering. Your journey starts here!