Location: Rochester, Kent (other locations avalible)- Hybrid Working
Salary: £55,000 – £60,000 – Overtime rates available
Hours: 37 hour week
The Mechanical Engineering team:
Provide Mechanical Engineering support for the design and development of new innovative designs through to fault finding, diagnostics and salvage of existing products. A Mechanical Engineer is expected to provide a high-quality service to customers, on time and within budget with minimum management oversight.
What you’ll be doing as a Principal Mechanical Engineer:
* Using product knowledge and advanced engineering understanding, generate design concepts and solutions, this will be supported by sketches, hand calculations and associated data packs
* Prepare and present concise mechanical development plans, design scheme data packs and other engineering detail for internal review and in a customer forum * Take ownership of the design risk, and identify, define and manage work packages to de-risk areas of the product design early on in the lifecycle
* Be competent in the validation and verification of requirements using appropriate tools
* Manage the work of senior and junior mechanical engineers and technicians
Your skills and experiences as a Principal Mechanical Engineer:
* Degree qualified in mechanical Engineering, or related discipline, or an equivalent combination of other qualifications and experience
* Competence in the use of CAD tools to prepare design models, preferably CREO
* A capability to use specialist dynamic, structural and thermal analysis tools is an advantage
* Experience in preparing technical datasets (drawings/MBD)
If you are interested in the Principal Mechanical Engineer role, please click ‘APPLY’ and submit your CV for immediate consideration.
All successful Principal Mechanical Engineer candidates will be contacted within two working days of application.