Principal Product Safety Engineer
My client, a global defence leader, are looking for a Principal Product Safety Engineer to support the assurance cases of all in-service variants of both our Heavyweight and Lightweight torpedoes. In addition, you may also be responsible for the assurance of the test and support equipment used during the development, servicing and maintenance of the weapons.
- Hold competency in Product Safety Engineering, with a demonstrable record of delivering a Product Safety Management System (PSMS) within a complex systems environment.
- Hold significant/relevant knowledge of applicable legislation and standards (e.g., HASAWA, COSHH, REACh, BS EN 61508, Def Stan 00-056, Def Stan 00-055 etc.)
- Degree qualified in a relevant Engineering/Systems/Safety discipline
- Ship Safety and Environmental Management Training (SEMT) qualified (or its predecessors SSMO/SSMT) or have the ability to gain the qualification in the short-term.
- Be a recognised member of a relevant industry wide body, e.g. SCSC, SaRS, IET, IMechE etc
Salary & Benefits:
· Up to £55.8k
· Hybrid/Flexible Working in place
· Competitive pension plan
· Enhanced annual leave allowance of 25 days plus BH
· Global defence leader
· Rapidly expanding across Defence sites
· Renowned for training and career progression
· Chance to work on world-leading technology
If you are interested in the role, please click ‘APPLY’ and submit your CV for immediate consideration.