Senior Mechanical Engineer
Location: Rochester – Hybrid
Salary: £45,000 – £55,000 DOE, plus overtime
The Senior Mechanical Engineer team:
This role will provide Mechanical Engineering support for the design and development of new innovative designs through to fault finding, diagnostics and salvage of existing products.
A Senior Mechanical Engineer will have the ability to innovate exclusively and work with other Engineers/Technicians to develop ideas into a detailed scheme supported by calculations and reports
What you’ll be doing as a Senior Mechanical Engineer:
- Generate design concepts and solutions from first principals to meet project and customer requirements, this will be supported by sketches, hand calculations and associated data packs
- Check and approve datasets (drawings/MBD) are correct to required standards, that they reflect design intent correctly, and that they adequately define parts for manufacture and inspection
- Identify, define and manage work packages to de-risk areas of the product design early on in the lifecycle
- Be competent in the validation and verification of requirements using appropriate tools
- Work collaboratively across all engineering disciplines, liaising with technical specialists as required
- Manage the work of mechanical engineers and technicians and take technical responsibility for the design solutions
Your skills and experiences as a Senior Mechanical Engineer:
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate a proven track record of product development from concept through to production
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related subject is preferred or demonstrable equivalent experience. With the ability to apply physics and engineering principals to derive/validate designs
- Competence in the use of CAD tools (CREO preferred) to prepare design models and technical datasets (drawings/MBD) is required
If you are interested in the Senior Mechanical Engineer role, please click ‘APPLY’ and submit your CV for immediate consideration.
All successful Senior Mechanical Engineer candidates will be contacted within two working days of application.