Software Engineer – 00108694
Portsmouth – Hybrid (2-3 days per week)
£45,000 – £51,000pa
This is an exciting opportunity in part of the “Underwater Weapons Business Group.” A varied role, working on the forefront of military technology.
You will be working on the development of an Automated Test Solution, for a torpedo product within the Maritime Services.
What you’ll be doing:
· Lead the design and development of new products intended to provide support solutions (e.g. test) of new and in-service weapon systems
· Use a combination of techniques (SysML, UML) to design the software solutions and implement using a combination of COTS applications and bespoke software.
· Guide the software design and development activities of other members of the test solution team.
· Derive and maintain a set of software requirements from a baseline set of systems requirements.
· Assist in the creation of software estimates for a sub-system.
What you need:
· BEng/BSc in Computer Science or other relevant Engineering or Numerate subject (STEM), CEng, or working towards would be desirable.
· C++ or C# programming & .NET technology stack (.NET Core, C#, SQL Server, SQL, Razor/Blazor)
· Be proficient in the use of high-level design toolsets, SysML, UML
· Knowledge of appropriate software standards (e.g. ISO/IEC/IEE 12207)
· Have a good understanding of configuration management and experience of a configuration management tool.
You must have lived in the UK for 5+ years & will be required to obtain security clearance to be eligible for this role.
If you’re interested in this position, please APPLY for consideration!